FUN TEEN PARTY TIPS AND IDEAS
Why do adults find it so difficult to host a teen party?
It’s quite simple; they either want to add to many kiddy props or too much adult detail! So what’s a mature mind to do?
Ask yourself what teens are really good at, that’s what!
Teens are good at marching to the beat of their own drum and following their own leads, and don’t forget they are all great eaters.
You provide: a safe place, tables with pizza’s, hamburgers, fries with a variety of toppings, some salad for those who won’t pig out initially or if you want to keep it simple a good variety of finger foods and a good selection of drinks, a few fun activities and MUSIC … and teens are likely to have the time of their lives – simple, isn’t it?
The truth is teenagers are not that complicated, we complicate them. The worst that can happen at a teen party is: run out of food or drinks. You can easily leave the decorations and the rest of the fun and games (on a budget!) up to them, teens are very creative and knowing that you are available to help them if need be, usually provides them with endless inspiration and confidence to set their own party up!
FUN TEEN PARTY TIPS AND IDEAS
• Have plenty of drinks and snacks – high energy calls for plenty of nourishment.
• A great selection of Teen Music is essential. Another great choice: Music DVD's on a big flat screen! Add a microphone or two for sing-a-longs, if your equipment can handle it. We all dream of being a ROCK STAR at some point.
• Be present as a parent but rarely visible, be available when needed and do check in at times, teens want to feel independent, yet supported when they entertain their friends. A guard post on the roof with a TV, a well lit party area and a paint ball gun might do the trick (just teening!).
• Provide subtle advice and guidance, the best teen party games are those that develop spontaneously as a result of teens having a good time together.
• Providing access to fun party game equipment for group activities (all set up!) and allowing teens to choose what is IN and what is LAME this week, is often a better bet than having rigid game plans.
• Variety is the spice of life and this is no less true in the teenage world, provide fun activities other than dancing, bored teens are bound to get up to mischief to entertain themselves.
• Fun equipment for group activities can include all the great ideas in the right column of this page as well as dartboards or electronic darts which are safer for the hooligans in the crowd, pool tables, table tennis tables, board games, karaoke machines and karaoke music, Nintendo Wii or Xbox 360 games, Nerf Guns and Trivia Games.
• If game consoles are your teen’s favorite thing – a small group that party together are often keen to bring their own game consoles along, providing you have the TV to plug it into and that their equipment will be safe.
• It’s a fact, teens do like to blast their music and let them, warn the neighbors in time.
• A nice touch to ensure fun games and to keep everyone away from evil: A gift card or two as encouragement and reward for the most active and engaging fun game initiators are always a nice incentive at parties.
• Make a memory box, where guest can deposit little notes about the fun games they are playing and the great times they are having as the party proceed.
• Have a few disposable cameras handy on a side table which guests can randomly grab to take photos of all the fun and action. These photos can be distributed among all the guests a few days after the party or you can have a photo evening a few days later where friends can view all the photos.
• Another cool teen party game idea is to take digital photos as party games and activities proceeds, print them while you as a parent are supposed to be “out of the way” and hand out as keepsakes when the party ends.
• It is fair to request from your teen not to invite trouble makers and to send trouble makers and gate crashers home.
FUN GIFT CARD IDEAS FOR TEENAGERS
• All the music you want. We're talking millions and millions of songs: Rock, Pop, Hip Hop, Rap, Alternative, Punk, Classical, Country... the list goes on. All the music you could ever want available any time, any where. Enough to drive any teen wild! Check out the 14 day free trial at the top link or give the gift of music with a gift card and personal message now. You can print your e-card immediately!
• Print An Amazon.com Gift Card at Home. Use one of their awesome designs or upload your own photo to create a personal gift card. Everyone loves shopping here, it is just so convenient!
FUN TEEN PARTY THEMES
Teen Party Games |
Party Drink Ideas |
Fun Games |
Water Charades |
Trampoline Games |
Campfire Games |
Home from Fun Teen Party Tips