CHARADE CLUES AND GESTURES
TWO WORDS... 1st WORD... SOUNDS LIKE...
Here are some charade clues and gestures that are commonly used to make
the acting part a whole lot easier. If the word or phrase is related to
the following, these signs and signals are the best place to start your
CHARADE CLUES FOR MAIN CATEGORIES
- Book - Unfold your hands as if you are opening a book
- An Event - Point to the wrist as if wearing a watch. Past event - point thumb backwards over shoulder. Future - point forefinger ahead.
- A Location - Make a circle in the air (representing earth) and point to as if pointing on a map
- A Movie - Pretend you are using an old fashioned movie camera
- A Person - Stand with your hands on your hips in a pose
- A Play - Place both hands out, palms facing team, touching at the thumbs and forefingers, draw them apart like a theater curtain.
- A Song - Pretend to sing on one knee or over a microphone.
- TV Show - Draw a rectangle in the air representing a TV screen or make a square with your fingers using both thumbs and index fingers
- Quotation or Phrase - Make quotation marks in the air with index fingers and middle fingers.
- Another Language - See Tash's French post right at the bottom of her page for ideas.
CHARADES GESTURES FOR WORDS
Indicate number of words - hold number of fingers indicating the number of words up in the air.
- Indicate a small word - hold index finger and thumb together - not touching.
- Indicate a big word - hold index finger and thumb as far as possible apart.
- Indicate a word sounds like another word - point index finger at earlobe or hold hand behind ear.
- Indicate number of words in a title - Hold up the correct number of fingers.
- Indicate the number of syllables in a specific word - Hold the correct number of fingers against your forearm.
- Indicate the word or syllable you are working on if there is more than one - Put up the correct number of fingers, for instance, two fingers for the second word.
- Indicate "Plural" - Hook your little fingers into each other.
- Indicate "Past Tense" - Point with your thumb backwards over your shoulder.
CHARADE SIGNALS FOR LETTERS OR VOWELS
- "A" - Place the index fingers together to form an "A" frame.
- "I" - Point at the corner of the eye with the index finger.
- "O" - Middle finger and thumb touching to form an "O".
- "U" - Hold hand palm facing up with thumb facing the team,
form a "U" with index finger and thumb, fold the other remaining three
fingers inward towards the palm.
CHARADE CLUES AS INSTRUCTIONS
- A correct guess - Tap your index finger against your nose and point to the person who is right.
- Show the team they are getting warmer - Wipe your hand over your forehead / eyebrow as if wiping away sweat.
- Show the team they are getting colder - Fold your arms and shiver.
HAVE FUN WITH CHARADE CLUES! CREATE YOUR OWN!
Back To: CHARADES
Adult Charades |
Kids Charades |
Silent Charades |
Water Charades |
Rules for Charades |
Charades Gestures |
Free Charades Cards |
Fun Games |
HOME to Fun Stuff from Charade Clues