LEARN HOW TO PLAY CHARADES
The explanations given here are simple to help you to learn how to play charades quickly.
You can choose to keep score or not when you play Charades, both ways are explained below.
Charades is all about acting out words or phrases without speaking - a quick-to-learn fun game.
The best way to learn as with all games, is just to start! Take a card with a phrase and demonstrate the phrase to your team without speaking.
Then slowly incorporate signs and gestures generally used in the game to give your team clues to obvious terms, like the number of words in the phrase or the type for instance: music or movie and so forth. More detail about this below.
A printout explaining "clues" will be handy for new players. See the link below.
The game is usually as fun or funny as the words or phrases on the cards that must be demonstrated to team members.
- Charade cards with words or phrases on
- A general idea of the clues that can/may be used.
- A Timer
- Pen and paper to keep score (if you play competitive)
HOW TO PLAY CHARADES WITH A SCORE CARD
A great game to play when you're feeling COMPETITIVE!
- Divide into two teams.
- Divide the charade cards equally between the teams.
- Team 1 - choose an actor.
- Team 2 - Show team 1's actor the phrase on a card that they have chosen without the rest of team 1 seeing the phrase.
- The timer is set to between 3-5 minutes (choose how difficult you want it - keep the same time frame through out the game).
- Team 1's actor must now act out the phrase to his own team in the time frame given.
- Team 1's gets the clue correct - they score 1 point. If they don't - no score!
- Team 2's turn - Team 1 hands a clue card to the chosen actor of team 2.
- Continue the game giving each team a turn to act - alternating teams and a different actor each time. They get the phrase correct they score! They don't - no score!
You can also:
Choose to give each team a turn - if they score, they continue to act out the next round with a different "actor", until they are out of time or can't guess the correct answer. Then it is the next teams turn, until they are out! Keeping score of correct answers!
HOW TO PLAY CHARADES WITH NO SCORE CARD
A great game to play just for fun!
- No teams. No timer.
- Place all the charade cards in a hat or a bowl.
- No words, no pointing at objects in the room.
- You are the host, you go first. Take a card, perform the first act, using your acting skills, imagination and clues to explain what is written on your card without using any verbal communication!
- First player to guess the clue correctly goes next!
READY TO PLAY CHARADES!!
'LIFE'S A GAME, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO, IS KNOW HOW TO PLAY IT.'
Our recommendation lists makes it easier to find the perfect product.
Back To: CHARADES
Adult Charades |
Kids Charades |
Silent Charades |
Water Charades |
Rules for Charades |
Charades Gestures |
Free Charades Cards |
Fun Games |
HOME from Charades