The cutest, most adorable free ladybug goodies and oodles of fun ladybug facts that will ensure you fall in love with these tiny creatures.
10 CHARMING LADYBUG FACTS
- Ladybugs or ladybirds as they are also known are not bugs or birds at all, they are beetles.
- Scientists prefer the name Lady Beetle because it is a more accurate description of the order Coleoptera which they belong to.
- In Europe and many other parts of the world ladybugs as they are known in America are called ladybirds or ladybird beetles.
- Lady Beetles eat an enormous amount of plant pests and insects, therefore they are loved by gardeners and farmers.
- Depending on the specie, ladybug females can lay up to 1000 eggs between spring and early summer, eggs hatch within 3-4 days.
- There are 4 stages in the life cycle of the ladybug: egg, larva, pupa and adult.
- The average lifespan of a ladybug is 1 year.
- Most adults overwinter and will hide themselves in clusters or groups under leaf litter, under bark, and other protected places.
- When threatened by other predators, ladybugs will release a yellow foul-smelling substance from their leg joints as a reflex to deter danger effectively.
CLASSIFICATION OF LADY BEETLES
WHAT DO LADYBUGS EAT?
Oh yes!!! Also don't forget to have a look at our outrageously tasty fun party drinks that you can whip up in an instant! There's boozy ones, non-boozy ones and even delicious sugar-free options.
We hope you have checked out our free printable parties, the popular free fun printable party games and the cute bugs crafts we have created for you.
Looking for some printable party freebies?
Free Cupcake Wrappers
Free Printable Party Kits
My Favorite Name Plates
My Favorite Labels & Tags
Fun Party Games
Or try some of our other party game winners:
Charades for kids
Kids Party Games
Preschool Party Games
Return to Fun Stuff To Do: HOME PAGE